Miami Car Accident Attorney
Did a Miami driver hit and injure you? The Miami auto accident lawyers at Redemption Law can help you seek compensation for your injuries and get you on the road to recovery.
Redemption Law is a sophisticated, boutique law firm dedicated to helping Miami accident victims like you. We understand how stressful and confusing the aftermath of a car accident can be. Our auto accident attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and diligently pursue fair compensation for your injuries.
Contact Redemption Law today for your free consultation with one of our compassionate, experienced Miami car accident lawyers.
Table of Contents
Why Hire Redemption Law After an Auto Accident?
If you are wondering whether to hire Redemption Law (or any lawyer at all) after a car accident in Miami, here are three reasons why you should hire our attorneys to represent your interests.
- Redemption Law can reduce your stress. Our clients often contact us after one of the worst days in their lives. Once you hire our team, we aim to make every day after that a little easier and brighter. That way, you can focus on your health and well-being.
- Redemption Law understands Florida’s confusing accident laws. Florida is one of approximately a dozen states with a no-fault insurance system. That means you file a claim with your own insurance company after an accident, regardless of who is at fault. While the system aims to be more efficient, it is actually quite complicated. The experienced Miami auto accident lawyers at Redemption Law can help you understand how the no-fault insurance law affects you and guide you through the entire claims process.
- Redemption Law stands up to insurance companies. You might assume that your insurance company is on your side, but sadly, that is often not the case. Insurance companies are for-profit entities that intend to minimize their financial exposure. Therefore, your insurance company may try to lowball your payout or deny your claim. An experienced car accident lawyer from Redemption Law can help you understand your rights and negotiate with your insurer for the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Redemption Law Charges No Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Surely I have to put up lots of money to hire a good lawyer, right? Not at Redemption Law. We believe so strongly in you and your right to compensation that we charge no upfront fees for our representation. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means we only get paid if we succeed in winning your case.
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), 51,543 traffic crashes occurred in Miami-Dade County in one recent year. That’s approximately 141 accidents per day. If you suffered an injury in a Miami auto accident, Redemption Law could help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Contact Redemption Law as soon as possible after:
- Sideswipe accidents. Sideswipe accidents often occur when drivers change lanes or yield into traffic without signaling or checking that the lane they’re moving into is clear. If another driver sideswiped your car, you might be able to hold the negligent driver accountable for severe injuries. The attorneys at Redemption Law can advise you on your legal options and fight for maximum compensation from the insurance companies.
- Rear end accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), rear end crashes account for 29 percent of all crashes and a substantial number of injuries and fatalities annually. Driver inattention or distraction and speeding commonly lead to rear end accidents, and many rear end accident victims suffer severe injuries such as concussions or whiplash. The auto accident lawyers at Redemption Law can guide you through the legal process after a rear end accident.
- Head on collision. Head on collisions are hazardous and even deadly. According to the Insurance Information Institute, head on collisions accounted for 10.2 percent of fatal crashes in one recent year. If another driver collided with you head on, you might suffer from debilitating injuries and massive financial losses. The auto accident attorneys at Redemption Law can help you recover much-needed compensation after a head on collision.
- Rollover accidents. A rollover accident occurs when a car tips over on its side or top or completely flips over. According to the FLHSMV, 165 fatal rollover accidents occurred in Florida in one recent year, and 760 rollovers resulted in incapacitating injuries and 1,710 non-incapacitating injuries. Rollover accidents inflict devastating injuries on victims tossed around within the car as it rolls over. If another driver hit you and caused your car to roll over, the attorneys at Redemption Law can pursue compensation for your injuries.
- T-bone collisions. T-bone collisions occur when the front of one vehicle collides with the side of another. T-bone collisions frequently happen at intersections or when a car crosses traffic lanes. T-bone collisions also inflict terrible injuries on victims, especially when they occur at high speed. Redemption Law could pursue money to cover your injuries and losses after a T-bone collision in Miami.
Common Injuries After Auto Accidents
Redemption Law helps Miami auto accident victims after a crash injured them.
We’ve handled various injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and ruptures
- Puncture wounds
- Facial injuries
- Herniated discs
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Crushed or amputated limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Dental trauma
- Wrongful death
How Much Is My Auto Accident Case Worth?
Your auto accident case is a unique confluence of facts, figures, and evidence. Once the auto accident attorneys at Redemption Law have the opportunity to evaluate your case, they can provide a more accurate estimate of your case’s value.
Our attorneys base our estimates on the economic and non-economic losses you suffered in the accident.
Examples of economic losses include:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery, doctor’s appointments, medications, and rehabilitation
- Lost income and benefits if you must miss work due to your injuries
- Repair or replacement costs of your vehicle
- Loss of future earning potential if your injuries result in a permanent disability that prevents you from working
Examples of non-economic losses include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
The auto accident attorneys at Redemption Law will aim to recover the maximum amount possible to cover your losses fully. However, in some instances, you might not recover all the compensation you need.
For example, if you file a claim with your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance for your accident-related losses, you can only recover:
- 80 percent of your reasonable medical expenses
- 60 percent of lost wages
- $5,000 in death benefits (in wrongful death cases)
Note the list above does not include any non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering. You cannot recover compensation for your pain and suffering, mental anguish, or other intangible losses through your PIP insurance.
However, in some circumstances, you could file a third-party claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance or a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. In these cases, you can pursue the full amount of your economic and non-economic losses.
If your case goes to trial, you may ask the court to award you punitive damages. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the defendant for their actions and deter such behavior in the future. Courts rarely award punitive damages and then only in cases of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
Florida law caps punitive damages at three times the amount of compensation recovered for all other losses or $500,000, whichever is greater. In cases where the defendant acted unreasonably dangerously or with the aim of unreasonable financial gain and knew of the high likelihood of injury, the law raises the cap to four times the amount of compensation recovered for all other losses or $2 million, whichever is greater. In cases where the defendant specifically and intentionally acted to harm, the law imposes no cap on punitive damages.
Redemption Law Helps Negotiate With Insurance Companies
Most Miami car accident victims file a claim with their own PIP insurance after a car accident. However, if your injuries are permanent and significant, or if they resulted in permanent and significant scarring, you may be able to file a third-party insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
Whether you’re filing a claim with your PIP insurance or against the liable party’s insurance company, the automobile accident attorneys at Redemption Law can help you maximize your insurance settlement by negotiating aggressively with the insurance company.
You might wonder why you need a lawyer to negotiate with your insurance company on your behalf. Your insurance company will pay you what you need, right? Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Your insurance company’s priority is profit, not your well-being. Therefore, paying you a generous insurance settlement runs counter to their priority, even if your insurance policy clearly should cover your accident-related losses.
With the auto accident attorneys at Redemption Law on your side, insurance companies will think twice before taking advantage of you. If they attempt to do so, we will fight back to try to hold them accountable to pay you what you deserve.
Dos and Don’ts After a Miami Auto Accident
Based on years of legal experience advocating for Miami accident victims, Redemption Law recommends the following dos and don’ts after a Miami auto accident.
- Do prioritize your recovery: Nothing is as important as your health. At Redemption Law, we want our clients to do nothing but take care of themselves after a Miami auto accident. By the time you call our auto accident lawyers, you should have already visited the doctor or emergency room. If not, do so immediately. Getting prompt medical attention and following the doctor’s instructions is essential. Furthermore, your medical records will indicate your economic losses in your claim or lawsuit.
- Do hire an auto accident lawyer: Your recovery is only as good as your lawyer. That’s because a good auto accident lawyer can relieve you of the burden of the stress and anxiety of your case, allowing you to devote all your energy to your recovery. Furthermore, hiring an attorney significantly increases your chances of recovering compensation, which you will need to fund your healthcare and support services during your convalescence.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company: Insurance companies know when you are vulnerable, so they may try to call you immediately after the accident, purportedly to check on you. However, what they’re hoping to do is catch you saying something that they can use to undercut your claim. Therefore, if you get a call from a friendly insurance agent, tell them they should only talk to your lawyer. Then call the experienced lawyers at Redemption Law, who can handle all communications with the insurance company thereafter.
- Don’t wait too long: Waiting too long to act after an auto accident endangers your health and your right to compensation. Under Florida law, an accident victim must meet specific deadlines to file a claim or lawsuit. For example, Florida law states that accident victims who file a PIP claim must seek initial medical services within 14 days of the accident to have those medical services covered. Furthermore, the Florida statute of limitations states that victims must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years of the accident date. Other deadlines may apply, so be sure to contact Redemption Law as soon as possible to get started on your case.
Contact Redemption Law Today for a Free Consultation
Redemption Law is proud to represent numerous Miami auto accident victims in their pursuit of justice and accountability. We are not afraid to take on the big insurance companies because we believe in our clients’ rights to compensation for their injuries. If you suffered an injury in a Miami auto accident, Redemption Law can guide you through the confounding legal process and fight for maximum compensation. Reach out to a Miami personal injury lawyer.
Contact Redemption Law today at (305) 465-3425 or contact us online for a free consultation with one of our Miami auto accident lawyers.
“Outstanding staff, very professional & dedicated to their clients. They do not rest until they have won your case! Thank you Redemption law” – Vivian P.
Read more of our Google reviews!
14361 Commerce Way Suite 307
Miami Lakes, FL 33016