Miami Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Were you recently injured in a motorcycle crash along I-95, the Palmetto Expressway, or another road or highway in Miami? If so, you could face a long, expensive recovery. Medical treatments are costly, and you may struggle to make ends meet if you cannot return to work. You may recover compensation by filing a motorcycle accident claim, but this process can prove difficult. And the last thing you need right now is more stress.
However, with a Miami motorcycle accident lawyer from Redemption Law on your side, you don’t have to handle accident claims alone.
At Redemption Law, we understand the unique challenges injured bikers face, and we’re here to help. Our team of trial lawyers has the experience and resources necessary to handle even the most challenging of motorcycle accident cases. Don’t let someone else’s carelessness ruin your life. Let an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer from Redemption Law stand up for you and demand the full and fair compensation the at-fault party owes you.
Miami Motorcycle Accident Guide
Why Choose Redemption Law?
Hiring a lawyer and taking legal action may seem daunting when you get hurt in a motorcycle crash, especially while recovering. At Redemption Law, our lawyers fight for motorcycle accident victims like you, and we’ve recovered millions of dollars over the years on behalf of our clients. We know that each case is unique and deserves personalized attention.
That’s why we provide one-on-one support to every client, keeping them informed and updated every step of the way. After a severe injury that someone else caused, you might be concerned about your health, finances, and future. The other party might owe you money for your injuries and losses, but getting the full amount isn’t always easy.
Redemption Law is here to make the process as stress-free as possible. Our convenient office location in Miami makes it easy for you to meet with us in person, and you can speak with us virtually or over the phone. Our consultations are always free, and we represent motorcycle accident victims on a contingency fee basis. This means we won’t charge you anything until we win your case.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Claims
The factors that affect the compensation you may receive due to your motorcycle accident include the severity of your injuries, the costs of your medical treatment, and the impact of your injuries on your ability to work or your quality of life. Other factors may include who caused the accident and the insurance coverage available.
Every case is unique, so if you deserve compensation, the circumstances could determine the amount.
When you file your motorcycle accident claim, you may recover compensation for:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses you incur because of the accident
- Medical costs you will likely incur in the future due to the motorcycle accident
- Incidental costs, such as out-of-pocket travel costs for medical appointments
- Lost income or lost wages from any time you miss work due to the motorcycle accident
- Projected losses in your lifetime earning capacity due to permanent injuries
- Subjective losses, such as your pain, suffering, and diminished quality of life
- The costs of repairing damage to your motorcycle or replacing a totaled bike
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the legal system and attain the full and fair compensation that your claim merits. An attorney can gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and build a compelling case on your behalf. In addition, a lawyer can help you understand your rights, handle communications with medical professionals and insurance adjusters, and work on getting you the best outcome possible.
Miami Motorcycle Accident Facts and Statistics
Motorcycle crashes are common in Miami due to a combination of factors. With Miami’s year-round warm weather, motorcycle riding is a popular form of transportation and recreation. That means many motorcycles on the road and a greater likelihood of accidents. The city’s heavy traffic, combined with narrow roads and aging infrastructure, also offers a challenge for riders.
The steady stream of tourists visiting Miami is another factor in the high number of local motorcycle accidents. Tourists are often unfamiliar with local roadways and traffic laws and may rent motorcycles without adequate training or experience.
Furthermore, the city’s bustling nightlife, including widespread alcohol and drug use, increases the likelihood of reckless and dangerous motorcycle riding. Recent statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles illustrate the frequency and deadliness of Miami motorcycle accidents:
- In one recent year, Florida saw 8,045 motorcycle accidents.
- These accidents resulted in 1,747 incapacitating injuries, 5,030 other injuries, and 552 deaths, most of which were preventable.
- Also that year, there were 904 motorcycle accidents in the Miami area alone, more than any other county in the state.
- The 904 accident victims in the Miami area include 720 suffering injuries and 52 deaths.
Florida Motorcycle Accident Laws
If you are in a motorcycle crash in Miami, you need a lawyer who knows the following laws and how they may apply to your situation:
- Florida’s motorcycle helmet requirements. Florida law requires all motorcyclists under 21 to wear protective helmets. Motorcyclists 21 or older can ride without helmets, but they must carry at least $10,000 in bodily injury insurance coverage if they do so.
- Florida’s time limit for motorcycle accident lawsuits. If you wish to sue another driver after a motorcycle accident, the law gives you four years to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident. There are exceptions, and an attorney can help you determine the appropriate time limit for your claim. The court will not hear your case if you don’t file your lawsuit on time.
A Miami motorcycle accident attorney from Redemption Law can be there for you after a motorcycle wreck to explain your legal rights and guide you through the next steps of your claim.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
All drivers must watch for motorcycles on the road and follow safe driving practices to prevent accidents, which happen far too often in Miami.
Types of motorcycle accidents include:
- Lane change accidents. When motorists change lanes suddenly or too closely near a motorcycle, severe injury accidents happen. Motorists cause these crashes by failing to look before turning, their blind spots, signal turns, or observing the motorcyclist’s speed or position.
- Rear-end accidents. A rear-end accident occurs when a driver follows too closely behind a motorcyclist and fails to slow down or stop in time, causing a collision with the rear end of the motorcycle.
- Head-on collisions. Head-on crashes are some of the most devastating accidents on the road. Negligent drivers frequently cause them by failing to yield the right of way at intersections or crossing the centerline of the road due to distraction, intoxication, fatigue, or other reasons.
- Sideswipe accidents. A sideswipe accident occurs when a driver merges, changes lanes, or turns too closely next to a motorcyclist and scrapes or swipes against the side of the bike.
- Left-turn accidents. A left-turn accident often happens because the motorist fails to see the motorcycle or misjudges its velocity or direction.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Unlike vehicles, motorcycles do not have protective frames, seatbelts, or airbags to protect the rider and absorb the force of impact in a traffic accident.
As a result, many motorcycle accident injury victims sustain severe injuries, such as:
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Partial or total paralysis
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- “Road rash” and other burn injuries
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Fatal injuries and wrongful death
What to Do if a Motorcycle Accident Injures You
After seeking medical attention for your injuries, you can take the following steps to lay a strong foundation for your motorcycle accident claim:
- Follow your doctor’s care plan to ensure your body has what it needs to heal.
- Record the details of your healing journey in a “pain diary” for future reference.
- Gather evidence from the motorcycle accident, including photos of the scene, the gear you wore, and the driver’s contact and insurance details.
- Keep copies of your medical bills, pay stubs, and other relevant paperwork.
- Avoid sharing information or photos online while your injury claim is pending.
- Consult our motorcycle accident lawyers before you speak to anyone else
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Here, we’ve provided information and answers to common questions about the challenges of filing a motorcycle accident injury claim in Miami:
What Types of Evidence Can I Use to Prove My Motorcycle Accident Case?
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you gather and present evidence, including:
- Video footage
- Crash reports
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- Smartphone and GPS data
- Car maintenance records
Can I Sue if I Contributed to the Motorcycle Accident?
Yes. Under Florida law, you can file a lawsuit against another driver as long as your percentage of fault does not exceed 50 percent. The amount of money available for your case decreases the more you contribute to an accident, so hire an attorney to protect your rights.
How Long Will It Take to Get My Settlement Money After I File a Claim?
The duration of your Miami motorcycle accident case will vary depending on the severity of your injuries and the specifics of your accident. For example, If you sustained minor to moderate injuries and your claim is relatively straightforward, you could settle more quickly. But a settlement could take time if you have a complex or expensive case. The best way to get an accurate timeline for your case is to speak with a personal injury lawyer with experience representing motorcycle accident victims about your case.
Contact the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Redemption Law Today
If someone’s carelessness or recklessness injured you on your motorcycle, don’t despair. Let the experienced Miami personal injury lawyers at Redemption Law help you seek the fair compensation you deserve. Contact us at (305) 465-3425 or online for your free initial consultation.
“Outstanding staff, very professional & dedicated to their clients. They do not rest until they have won your case! Thank you Redemption law” – Vivian P.
Read more of our Google reviews!
14361 Commerce Way Suite 307
Miami Lakes, FL 33016