Miami Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Did you slip and fall on another person’s property in Miami? A slip and fall accident lawyer with Redemption Law can help you seek compensation from the negligent property owner.
Property owners must maintain safe premises for their customers and guests. When they fail to do so, and someone gets hurt, the victim can hold them legally and financially responsible.
At Redemption Law, we have dedicated our careers to helping injured people get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We care deeply about every client’s health, happiness, and future. Let Redemption Law fight for your rights and interests after a property owner’s negligence hurts you.
Call today to speak with a Miami slip and fall accident lawyer about your case.
Miami Slip and Fall Accident Guide
Why Hire Redemption Law After a Slip and Fall AccidentIf you suffered injuries on someone else’s property and unsure how to get through this difficult time, let us help you. Attorney Christopher D. Alas founded Redemption Law as a one-of-a-kind personal injury firm dedicated to providing our clients with professional and caring representation when they need it most. We devote ourselves to making it right, which means pursuing the maximum compensation for your slip and fall claim. At Redemption Law, you are not a case number or a name in a file. You are a person someone else hurt and who deserves what’s right. We want to make it as easy for you to demand justice as possible. That’s why we offer free consultations and only charge a fee if we secure you compensation. Reach out to us today to learn more about your rights and options after a slip and fall. We look forward to hearing from you.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere that a hazardous condition exists. Common locations of slip and fall accidents include:
- Grocery stores and supermarkets. Potentially hazardous items are everywhere in grocery stores and supermarkets. Spilled liquids, wet floors, and cluttered aisles can contribute to slip and fall accidents and put patrons in danger.
- Restaurants and bars. Slippery floors from spilled drinks and bumps from rowdy patrons can cause slip and fall accidents in bars and restaurants.
- Sidewalks and walkways. Uneven, cracked sidewalks pose hazards to people in public and private spaces. Additionally, inclement weather, such as rain, ice, or snow, can make any sidewalk dangerous.
- Public parks and recreation facilities. Uneven terrain and slippery surfaces contribute to slip and fall accidents at public parks and other recreation facilities.
- Office buildings. Poorly maintained offices with cluttered hallways, exposed cords and wires, or loose carpet or flooring can lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Residential properties. Homes and other residential properties present numerous slip and fall hazards, including wet floors, loose rugs or flooring, poorly maintained stairs, overgrown yards or walkways, and deteriorating porches or decks.
- Hospitals. Wet floors, cluttered halls, and exposed cords can cause slip and fall accidents in hospitals, where patrons are especially vulnerable.
What Are Common Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents?Slip and fall accidents cause various injuries ranging from mild to severe, including:
- Fractures. According to the BMC Public Health study, the risk of fractures from falls increases with age. Fifteen percent of older adults who reported a fall in the student suffered a fracture. Common fractures from slip and fall accidents include the bones of the hand, wrist, arm, ankle, leg, and face.
- Sprains and strains. Sprains occur when a ligament becomes stretched or torn, whereas strains involve stretched or torn muscles or tendons. Sprains and strains are common injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents, particularly in the ankle and wrist.
- Head injuries. Slip and fall accident victims often strike their heads, causing concussions. The head and face can also suffer bruises, lacerations, or fractures.
- Back injuries. Slip and fall accidents often cause back injuries, such as herniated discs, pinched nerves, or muscle strains.
- Traumatic brain injuries. According to the Florida Department of Health, falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries in residents ages 65 and older. Older Floridians are not the only ones at risk for these potentially devastating injuries, which range from mild to moderate to severe and often result in life-long challenges.
Who Is Responsible for a Slip and Fall Accident?Under Florida law, a slip and fall accident victim can hold a property owner responsible if the owner had actual or constructive knowledge of a dangerous condition and failed to remedy it. An attorney may prove the owner had such knowledge by demonstrating:
- The dangerous condition existed long enough that the owner should have known of the condition in exercising ordinary care.
- The condition occurred regularly, and, therefore, the owner should have foreseen it.
- Business owner. In some cases, a property owner and a business owner are not the same entity. Many businesses lease their property. If the business owner’s negligent actions caused the slip and fall accident, you may hold them responsible for your injuries.
- Maintenance or cleaning company. If negligence by a maintenance or cleaning company contributed to the hazard that caused your slip and fall accident, you may hold that company liable.
- Flooring manufacturer. In some cases, victims slip and fall due to defective flooring for which the flooring manufacturer may be liable.
- They did not invite you onto their property.
- Your own negligence (such as walking while using your cell phone) caused the slip and fall accident.
- They warned you about the dangerous condition through an oral warning, signage, or a barrier (cones, ropes, etc.).
- They were unaware of the hazardous condition.
- You wore inappropriate footwear for the setting.
- Any reasonable person would have acted to avoid the dangerous condition.
What Compensation Can I Recover After a Slip and Fall Accident?If a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall accident, you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against them. The amount of compensation you can recover will depend on the severity of your injuries, the extent of your losses, and the quality of your legal representation. Hiring an aggressive legal advocate like the attorney at Redemption Law improves your chances of recovering maximum compensation. We can demand compensation for the following losses:
- Medical expenses. This includes expenses you have already incurred to treat your injuries and future expenses throughout your recovery. Medical expenses may include hospital bills, doctor’s bills, ambulance costs, medications, surgery, medical equipment, and physical therapy.
- Lost income. If you miss work due to your injuries, you could recover your lost wages and benefits.
- Loss of future earnings. If your injuries prevent you from returning to your job or any job in the future, you could recover the value of your lost future earnings.
- Pain and suffering. Slip and fall accident injuries can be excruciating. You deserve something for the pain and suffering the at-fault entity’s negligence caused you.
- Emotional or mental anguish and distress. Slip and fall accidents also contribute to stress, anxiety, fear, and other strong, upsetting emotions.
- Loss of quality of life. Slip and fall accident injuries can make it hard to engage in favorite activities or otherwise enjoy life to its fullest.
- Loss of companionship, support, or consortium. Slip and fall accidents also affect the victim’s families, who may suffer a loss of companionship, support, or marital consortium.
Why Insurance Companies Make Fighting Them so HardWhile a property owner’s liability insurance may cover your accident-related losses, that does not mean recovering this money will be easy. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses that want to make money, not lose it. The more they pay out in insurance claims, the less profit they make. Therefore, the property owner’s insurance company will likely push back aggressively on your claim. They may try to pressure you to settle for far too little or accuse you of causing your injuries. Redemption Law knows all the tricks in the insurance companies’ playbook and how to beat them. We hold insurance companies accountable for what they owe accident victims. Let us demand the fair settlement you deserve.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall AccidentIf you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, you must take care of yourself and protect your rights to compensation. But how can you rest and recuperate if you’re worried about the machinations of the legal process? Let a Miami slip and fall attorney with Redemption Law worry about that, so you can concentrate on your health and well-being. There are a few things you can do to protect your claim and build the groundwork for recovering fair compensation. As we pursue the money you deserve, you can help us by:
- Listening to your doctor. By the time you give our attorney a call, you should have already seen a doctor. Follow your doctor’s instructions diligently. Not only will this help you recover more fully and quickly, but it will also help your legal case.
- Keeping accident-related records. Hang on to all bills, receipts, statements, and correspondence related to the slip and fall accident. We will need these to file your claim.
- Writing a recovery journal. As the weeks and months drag on, it may be difficult to remember every detail of your recovery. Therefore, we encourage our clients to keep a recovery journal that records their doctor’s visits, medication regimen, pain levels, and physical therapy exercises.
Contact Redemption Law for Assistance after a Miami Slip and Fall AccidentDid you slip and fall on someone else’s property? Reach out to a personal injury lawyer. If so, Redemption Law is here to assist you with the critical next steps of pursuing your claim. The property owner may owe you compensation for your medical bills and other losses, but you must act to protect your rights and interests. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Miami slip and fall accident lawyer. You can reach us online or by calling (305) 465-3425.
Client Testimonial“Outstanding staff, very professional & dedicated to their clients. They do not rest until they have won your case! Thank you Redemption law” – Vivian P. Read more of our Google reviews!
14361 Commerce Way Suite 307
Miami Lakes, FL 33016