Miami Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Miami, with its sun-drenched streets and scenic routes, is a haven for cyclists seeking an active and eco-friendly lifestyle. However, the unfortunate reality is that accidents involving bicycles can occur, leading to severe injuries and life-altering consequences. In the aftermath of a bicycle accident, having a dedicated Miami bicycle accident lawyer becomes crucial to ensure that justice is served and the rights of the injured are protected.
As passionate advocates for the rights and safety of cyclists, the legal team at Redemption Law understands the unique challenges that arise when two-wheeled enthusiasts share the roads with motor vehicles. If you or a loved one has been involved in a Miami bicycle accident, trust us to be your staunch legal advocate.
Miami Bicycle Accident Lawyer Guide
Why Choose Redemption Law for Your Bicycle Accident Claim?
You’ve been in a bike accident in Miami, and you’re in pain and stressed about how you’ll pay your bills, return to work, and get back to normal life. The last thing you want to worry about is dealing with insurance company representatives. The trial lawyers at Redemption Law have extensive experience handling bicycle accident cases.
Our dedicated and compassionate team has recovered millions of dollars for those injured in our community, and we’re ready to put our skills to work for you. At Redemption Law, we believe you deserve the best possible legal representation, and that’s what we aim to deliver.
A serious bicycle accident injury can be a life-changing experience, and you should have a trusted lawyer to handle your injury claim while you focus on healing. We know that taking legal action is often intimidating, so we make it as easy as possible for you. We offer free consultations, allowing you to understand your legal options with zero obligation. Our convenient office location in Miami Lakes also means you don’t have to travel far to obtain the help you need. If you cannot come to us in person, we’re happy to speak with you virtually or over the phone.
Don’t hesitate to contact Redemption Law after a Miami bicycle accident. Choose us for your injury claim today and enjoy the peace of mind that you can leave your claim in good hands. Reach out to us now for your free consultation.
Compensation Available to Bicycle Accident Victims
Every bike accident is different, and the value of your injury claim can vary significantly based on several factors. For instance, if your injuries are more severe, your claim will likely be worth more because you will need more compensation for costlier medical bills and greater wage losses. When you file a personal injury case after a Miami bicycle accident, you may recover compensation for:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses you incur due to the bicycle accident
- Medical costs you will likely incur in the future due to the accident
- Incidental costs, such as out-of-pocket travel costs for doctor’s appointments
- Lost income or lost wages from any time you miss at work due to the accident
- Projected losses in lifetime earning capacity due to permanent impairments
- Subjective losses, such as pain, suffering, and reduced quality of life
- The costs of repairing damage to your bicycle or replacing a totaled bike
Miami Bicycle Accident Facts and Statistics
Bikes are everywhere in Miami. Many locals ride bicycles to avoid traffic congestion and get some exercise. Tourists often rent bicycles to enjoy outdoor sightseeing in Miami’s sunny climate. But despite the popularity of cycling in Miami, local vehicle drivers sometimes have trouble respecting a biker’s rights. As a result, bicycle accidents in Miami happen far too often.
Consider the following bicycle accident statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles:
- In one recent year in Florida, almost 6,000 bicycle accidents took place.
- These accidents caused 759 preventable incapacitating injuries, 4,815 other injuries, and 169 deaths.
- That same year, the Miami area saw 757 bicycle accidents, more than any other area in the state.
- Those 757 bicycle accidents injured 696 people and 15 killed people.
If someone’s carelessness injured you, you could seek compensation from them through an injury claim or lawsuit.
In that situation, these laws might apply:
- General rights and responsibilities. Florida cyclists have the same rights and responsibilities on the road as any other driver in Florida, other than exceptions the law specifies and responsibilities that cannot apply to cyclists by nature.
- Overtaking and passing bicycles. When Florida drivers overtake and pass cyclists traveling in the same direction, they must signal their intent, pass to the left of the cyclist at a safe distance of no less than three feet, and only move right again when safely clear of the cyclist.
- Time limits for bike accident lawsuits. If you are considering a personal injury lawsuit after a Miami bicycle accident, be aware that Florida law typically gives you four years from the date of the accident to sue. Certain exceptions come with even tighter deadlines, so review your situation with a qualified attorney.
Having a Miami bicycle accident attorney at Redemption Law who understands local cycling laws can help you determine how the law applies to your specific case. They can build a strong foundation for your injury claim and demand the compensation you deserve for your losses.
Types of Bicycle Accidents and Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycle accidents happen for various reasons.
Some of the most common types of bicycle accidents in Miami include:
- Right-hook accidents. A right-hook bicycle accident occurs when a motorist turns right at an intersection and collides with a cyclist going straight through the intersection.
- Left-turn accidents. Similarly, a left-turn bicycle accident occurs when a motorist turns left into the path of a cyclist going straight through an intersection.
- Rear-end collisions. A rear-end bicycle accident occurs when the front end of a vehicle collides with the back end of a bicycle, typically when the cyclist is slowing down or at a stop.
- Sideswipe accidents. A sideswipe bicycle accident occurs when a motorist swipes against a cyclist with the side of their vehicle while passing the cyclist from the side.
- Head-on collisions. A head-on bicycle accident is a particularly devastating type of crash that occurs when a motorist and a cyclist collide head-on, typically because the motorist fails to yield the right of way at an intersection.
- Backing-up accidents. A backing-up accident occurs when a motorist backs into a passing cyclist as they reverse out of a parking space, garage, or driveway.
- Dooring accidents. A dooring accident occurs when a vehicle occupant fails to check their surroundings and opens a door into the path of an oncoming cyclist.
Cyclists are extremely vulnerable to injuries in traffic collisions.
Some commonly reported bike accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Partial or total paralysis
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Road rash and other burn injuries
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Fatal injuries and wrongful death
What to Do if You Are Injured in a Bicycle Accident
If you are injured in a Miami bicycle accident, your priority should be protecting your health, so you should see a doctor immediately. Your doctor can diagnose your condition, prescribe the appropriate treatments, and document entries in your medical records.
While treating, you can take the following steps to protect your health and injury claim:
- Follow your doctor’s care plan.
- Record the details of your recovery journey in a pain diary for future reference.
- Gather evidence from the bicycle accident, including photos of the crash scene, your clothes, and the driver’s contact and insurance details.
- Keep copies of your medical bills, pay records, and other relevant documents.
- Watch what you say to others before you discuss your case with an attorney.
- Avoid sharing any information or photos online while your claim is pending.
- Take your case to a bicycle accident lawyer before you speak to anyone else.
Bicycle Accident FAQs
Some frequently asked questions about bike accident cases include:
Who Could I Hold Liable for My Bicycle Accident Injuries?
In addition to the driver who ran into you, you can hold these parties liable for your injuries:
- Another road user
- The driver’s employer
- A vehicle manufacturer
- A car mechanic or shop
- A government entity
Can I Still File a Claim if I Partially Caused the Bicycle Accident?
Yes. Florida law allows you to file an injury claim against another party if you are no more than 50 percent at fault for the accident. But remember that the amount of payout for your claim decreases based on your percentage of fault, so it pays to work with a lawyer who can assist in maximizing your compensation if you are partially at fault.
How Can I Prove My Bicycle Accident Injury Claim?
An experienced bike accident attorney could help you identify, preserve, and present the following evidence to prove your claim:
- Photos and video footage of the accident
- The clothing you were wearing at the time
- Copies of the official police accident report
- Statements from reliable eyewitnesses
- Testimony from expert witnesses
- The driver’s cell phone or GPS records
- The driver’s vehicle maintenance records
Contact the Miami Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Redemption Law Today
If you or a loved one were severely injured in a bike accident in Miami Dade, contact the Miami bicycle accident attorneys at Redemption Law. Our bilingual team will do their best to provide the answers you need in evaluating your bicycle accident case and discussing your legal rights. We offer a free initial consultation. You can easily reach us at (305) 465-3425 or you can contact us through our website, and we’ll start by offering you a free case consultation.
“Outstanding staff, very professional & dedicated to their clients. They do not rest until they have won your case! Thank you Redemption law” – Vivian P.
Read more of our Google reviews!
14361 Commerce Way Suite 307
Miami Lakes, FL 33016