Miami Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Did you get hurt in a Miami car accident caused by a drunk driver? If so, you’re likely feeling a range of emotions right now, from pain and shock to anger and frustration. Most people know how deadly it can be to drink and drive, but far too many reckless individuals drive under the influence anyway, leading to devastating consequences. If a drunk driver injured you, you could take legal action to pursue accountability and compensation for your injuries and other losses.
At Redemption Law, our knowledgeable legal team can handle every aspect of your injury case while you focus on healing. We have extensive experience with drunk driving accident cases and will use our considerable skills and resources to seek the financial relief you deserve. Contact us a Miami drunk driving accident lawyer today to begin your free initial case review, and let us help you move forward with your life after a drunk driver hits you.
Miami Drunk Driving Accident Guide
Why Choose Redemption Law?It’s common to feel overwhelmed and stressed in the aftermath of a traumatic accident, especially when the only way to get the money you deserve is to navigate a complicated legal system. Thankfully, you do not need to approach this challenge alone. The respected legal team at Redemption Law is here to help. Thanks to our considerable skills and commitment to excellence, we have recovered millions of dollars in fair compensation for clients like you. Every injury case is unique, and every client deserves personalized legal help as they endure this difficult time. When you work with us, you can expect a compassionate and supportive experience as we handle every detail of your case. Redemption Law offers free consultations to all first-time clients, and our bilingual staff is ready to listen to your story. We know you have a lot on your mind right now, so tell us about what happened and let us take it from there. Our goal is to maximize your compensation and help you move forward. Our convenient office location in Miami Lakes means it’s easy to meet with us in person when you’re ready to talk to a Miami drunk driving accident lawyer. We’re here to meet your needs, so don’t wait for help. Contact Redemption Law today.
Compensation for Drunk Driving Accident ClaimsThe value of a drunk driving accident claim can vary significantly depending on several factors, such as the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical treatment, how much time you miss at work, and how your injuries affect your quality of life. Our knowledgeable Miami drunk driving accident lawyers can evaluate each of these factors to determine the potential value of your injury case. Generally, after a drunk driving accident in Miami, you can seek compensation for:
- Hospital bills and other medical costs you incur due to the crash
- Medical costs you are likely to incur in the future due to the accident
- Incidental costs, such as out-of-pocket expenses for medical travel
- Lost income from any time you miss at work because of the accident
- Projected losses in future earning capacity due to permanent injuries
- Subjective losses, such as pain, suffering, and reduced quality of life
- Repair or replacement costs for your vehicle or other damaged property
Types of Drunk Driving Accidents and Drunk Driving Accident InjuriesEven in small amounts, alcohol impairs a driver’s ability to operate their vehicle safely and increases their risk of causing accidents and injuries. The dangers of driving under the influence can manifest in many ways, but common types of DUI accidents include:
- Head-on collisions. A head-on collision can occur when a drunk driver crashes front-first into the front of another vehicle. This collision might happen after a drunk driver crosses the center traffic line or fails to yield the right-of-way at an intersection.
- Rear-end collisions. A rear-end collision can occur when a drunk driver runs their vehicle into the rear end of another vehicle or stops suddenly in front of another vehicle. This type of crash often happens because the drunk driver is struggling to follow at a safe distance or gauge traffic speeds.
- T-bone accidents. A T-bone accident can occur when the front end of one vehicle crashes into the broad side of another. Drunk drivers are prone to causing these wrecks because alcohol impairs drivers’ judgment and depth perception. A drunk driver might make an unsafe left-hand turn at an intersection or run a red light at an intersection, resulting in a T-bone crash.
- Sideswipe accidents. Many drunk drivers cause sideswipe accidents, which occur when the sides of two vehicles in neighboring lanes swipe or scrape against one another. These crashes often happen because drunk drivers have trouble staying within a single lane.
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Amputation or loss of limb
- Soft tissue strains and sprains
- Road rash and other burn injuries
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Fatal injuries and wrongful death
Filing an Insurance Claim After a Drunk Driving Accident in MiamiMany injury victims assume that the insurance companies will take care of everything after an accident, only to find that the opposite is often true. Most auto insurance companies are more concerned with protecting their bottom lines than making fair payments, especially for expensive injury claims stemming from drunk driving accidents. Not to mention that drunk driving accident claims are often uniquely complex compared to other accident injury claims. Florida follows a no-fault auto insurance system, which means drivers injured in car accidents turn to their personal injury protection (PIP) insurance for coverage of medical bills and lost wages regardless of who is at fault. However, if your injuries meet the state’s definition of severe, the cost of your medical treatment might exceed the limits of your PIP policy, and you could have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit. At Redemption Law, our legal team has the skills and experience to handle drunk driving accident cases and seek the compensation you deserve through an insurance claim or lawsuit. We will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf, stand up to the insurance companies, and advocate for your rights in court if necessary. With our help, you can focus on recovering from your injuries while we work to get you the best possible settlement for your claim.
What to Do If You Get Hurt in a Drunk Driving Accident in MiamiThe first thing you should do after any serious accident is to seek immediate medical attention. Once a medical professional has diagnosed, treated, and documented your condition, you should:
- Follow the care plan your doctor recommends
- Write down details about your recovery from your injuries in a “pain journal”
- Collect evidence from the crash scene, including photos, the drunk driver’s insurance information, and statements from eyewitnesses
- Keep copies of medical bills, income records, and other essential documents
- Watch what you say to others before you review your case with a lawyer
- Avoid sharing any information or photos online while your case is pending
- Take your case to a drunk driving accident lawyer before talking to anyone else
Miami Drunk Driving Accident FAQsHere are some straightforward answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about Miami drunk driving accidents.
Do I Still Have to Prove My Claim If the Drunk Driver Got a Ticket?Yes. Your lawyer can use the fact that the driver got a ticket for driving under the influence (DUI) as evidence in your favor, but they still must prove that the other driver’s behavior caused your injuries and other losses. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you gather compelling evidence and build a strong case demonstrating the drunk driver’s liability.
What Happens If I Was Partially at Fault for the Drunk Driving Accident?Under Florida law, you can still seek compensation after an accident if you were partially at fault for the crash. The more fault attributed to the other driver, though, the more compensation you can recover from them. This is why it is critical to work with an experienced attorney who knows how to limit your share of fault and maximize the other driver’s.
Can I Sue a Person or Business If They Served the Driver Alcohol?It depends. Florida law generally says that you cannot hold people or businesses responsible for serving alcohol to people who go on to cause drunk driving accidents, but there are exceptions when parties serve alcohol to minors or people who are “habitually addicted” to alcohol. A knowledgeable lawyer can determine if you have grounds to file a lawsuit against someone who served the drunk driver prior to the accident.
Contact a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Miami TodayIf you are a drunk driving accident victim and need help getting the compensation you deserve, don’t hesitate to reach out to Redemption Law at (305) 465-3425. Our compassionate team will advocate for your rights and manage the complex legal process for you. Contact us today for a free initial consultation session and learn more about how our personal injury lawyer in Miami could help you.
Client Testimonial“Outstanding staff, very professional & dedicated to their clients. They do not rest until they have won your case! Thank you Redemption law” – Vivian P. Read more of our Google reviews!
14361 Commerce Way Suite 307
Miami Lakes, FL 33016