Did you sustain serious injuries in a car accident in Miami Lakes someone else caused? Did a negligent motorist run a stop sign and collide with your vehicle, or did a distracted driver cause a wreck that hurt you and your passengers? Maybe a drunk driver caused a wreck that severely injured you or killed a close family member.
Whatever the case, you may have the right to obtain compensation from the at-fault driver or another third party responsible for your injuries and losses stemming from a Miami Lakes car accident. To find out for sure and begin the process of pursuing compensation, you need to consult an experienced Miami Lakes car accident attorney for a free review of your case and advice regarding your options.
The car accident lawyers at Redemption Law have successfully handled thousands of car accident cases throughout the greater Miami area, and we have recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation concerning your auto accident injury claim and how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Miami Lakes Car Accident Guide
How Redemption Law Can Help with Your Miami Lakes Car Accident Injury Claim
You have a lot of choices of personal injury lawyers to represent you in Miami Lakes, but you want to ensure you choose the best car accident attorney for your case. The lawyers at Redemption Law have many years of experience handling car accident claims, and we offer the following benefits to help you get everything you need to make as full of a recovery as possible:
- We have a track record of successful results: Our lawyers have recovered substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients injured in auto accidents, including $465,000 for an auto accident and $300,000 for a car accident. Although we can’t guarantee how much you will receive, we can promise to fight tooth and nail to help you get the most allowed under the law.
- Our compassionate attorneys understand what you are going through, and we will thoroughly investigate the accident and determine all parties who bear liability for your injuries and losses.
- We understand Florida’s confusing car accident laws: Florida is a no-fault state for auto insurance, and the state requires drivers to maintain personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to cover injuries regardless of who was at fault for causing the accident. We can explain Florida’s laws and regulations to you and guide you through the process.
- We stand up to insurance companies: Insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests—not even if you are a policyholder. Insurance companies are businesses that are focused on maximizing their profits. Since paying on claims reduces their profit margins, many insurance companies use aggressive defense tactics to reduce the amount they have to pay on claims or deny them altogether. We will fight with the insurance company for you to help you get the full and fair compensation you need.
- We can reduce your stress: The days and weeks following a car accident are stressful enough without having to worry about how you will pay for everything. The claims process is also complex and, at times, exasperating, and we can take on the burden of dealing with the insurance company and filing your claim correctly and on time and handling all communications going forward so you don’t have to worry about it.
Common Types of Car Accident Claims We HandleCar accidents can occur in various ways, each with its unique circumstances and contributing factors. Some common types of car accidents we help clients recover compensation for at Redemption Law include:
- Rear-End Collisions: These are some of the most common types of car accidents, where one vehicle strikes the back of the vehicle in front. Rear-end collisions often happen when the following vehicle fails to maintain a safe following distance or stops suddenly.
- Head-On Collisions: These accidents occur when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide with their front ends. Head-on collisions are often severe and can result from wrong-way driving, distracted driving, or overtaking maneuvers gone wrong. They are also some of the most serious types of auto accidents and are more likely to result in fatalities.
- Side-Impact Collisions (T-Bone Accidents): In a side-impact collision, the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another. These accidents often happen at intersections when a driver fails to yield the right-of-way or runs a red light.
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups: Also known as chain-reaction accidents, these involve three or more vehicles colliding in a series of impacts. Multi-vehicle pileups often occur on highways and can be caused by adverse weather, reduced visibility, or driver inattention. Many times, these types of accident claims are challenging to navigate due to several parties being involved, but an experienced attorney can help determine all liable parties and hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Side-Swipe Accidents: In a side-swipe accident, the sides of two vehicles come into contact while traveling in the same direction. This can happen when drivers fail to check their blind spots or when changing lanes without proper signaling.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents occur when a vehicle flips over onto its side or roof. They are more common in taller and narrower vehicles, and factors such as high speed, sharp turns, and loss of control can contribute to these accidents.
- Collisions with Pedestrians or Bicyclists: These accidents happen when a vehicle strikes a pedestrian or cyclist, often at intersections or crosswalks. Failure to yield, distracted driving, and speeding are common factors in these accidents.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Miami Lakes?Many car accidents result from human error, which can form the basis of a personal injury claim against the at-fault motorist. Some of the common causes of car accidents we see in Miami Lakes include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents nationwide. In Miami Lakes, drivers may be distracted by texting, talking on their phones, adjusting GPS, or interacting with passengers.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds reduces a driver’s ability to react to sudden changes in traffic or road conditions, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, unsafe lane changes, and road rage can escalate into accidents in Miami Lakes.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a significant cause of accidents, posing a severe risk to everyone on the road.
- Weather Conditions: Miami Lakes experiences heavy rain, thunderstorms, and occasional flooding, which can make driving conditions hazardous and increase the risk of accidents. Although drivers can’t control the weather, they can control how they drive in inclement weather conditions, and you could have a claim against a driver who was driving too fast for road conditions and caused an accident, for instance.
- Failure to Yield: Drivers failing to yield the right-of-way at intersections, crosswalks, or merging lanes can lead to collisions.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Ignoring traffic signals is a common cause of accidents, especially at busy intersections.
- Driver Inexperience: Inexperienced drivers or those unfamiliar with the area may struggle to navigate Miami Lakes’ roadways, leading to accidents.
- Fatigued Driving: Drivers who are drowsy or fatigued have reduced reaction times and impaired judgment, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces, and poorly maintained roads can contribute to accidents in Miami Lakes. If your attorney can prove a city, county, or state government agency responsible for road maintenance was negligent, they could help you file a claim and recover compensation.
- Construction Zones: Similarly, road construction and maintenance can create hazardous conditions and increase the risk of accidents if drivers are not cautious.
What Kinds of Injuries Do Car Accidents Cause?Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, varying in severity from minor bruises to life-changing and even fatal injuries. The type and severity of injuries depend on factors such as the speed of the vehicles involved, the use of seat belts and other safety devices, the type of collision, and the location of impact. Some common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: Among the most common neck injuries in rear-end collisions, whiplash occurs when the head suddenly jerks backward and then forward, causing strain on the neck and upper spine.
- Broken Bones: Fractures commonly occur in the arms, legs, ribs, and collarbones due to the impact during a car accident.
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): A strong impact can cause the brain to move forcefully within the skull, leading to concussions or more severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Chest Injuries: The impact of the steering wheel or seatbelt can result in chest injuries, including rib fractures and internal organ damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe accidents can cause damage to the spinal cord, potentially leading to partial or complete paralysis.
- Internal Organ Damage: The force of impact can cause damage to internal organs, leading to internal bleeding or other complications.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Ligaments, tendons, and muscles can be strained, sprained, or torn during a car accident, leading to soft tissue injuries.
- Burns: If the accident involves a fire or explosion, burns can result from contact with hot surfaces or flames.
- Amputations: In severe accidents, limbs may become trapped or severely injured, necessitating surgical amputation.
- Psychological Trauma: Along with physical injuries, car accidents can have a significant psychological impact, leading to conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive After a Car Accident in Miami Lakes?After a car accident, you may be eligible to receive various types of compensation, also known as damages, depending on the circumstances of the accident, the severity of your injuries, available insurance coverage, and Florida’s personal injury laws. Here are some common types of compensation you can receive after a car accident:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for medical expenses includes reimbursement for all reasonable and necessary medical treatments related to your injuries. This includes hospital and medical bills, doctor visits, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and medical equipment.
- Lost Income and Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working and result in a loss of income, you can seek compensation for the wages you would have earned during the recovery period.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: If your injuries result in a long-term or permanent disability that affects your ability to earn a living, you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of future earning capacity.
- Property Damage: If the accident damaged or destroyed your vehicle or other property, you could obtain compensation for the repair or replacement costs.
- Pain and Suffering: These damages compensate you for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish you have experienced due to the accident and your injuries.
- Disfigurement and Scarring: You may receive compensation for disfigurement and scarring if the accident caused significant and visible injuries that have left permanent marks.
- Loss of Consortium: If the accident affected your relationship with your spouse or partner, you may be able to claim damages for the loss of companionship and support.
- Wrongful Death Damages: If the accident killed a close family member, such as a spouse, child, or parent, you may seek compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional suffering resulting from the death through a wrongful death claim.
- Punitive Damages: In some rare cases of extreme negligence or intentional harm, the court may award punitive damages to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior in the future.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Miami Lakes?If you’re involved in a car accident in Miami Lakes, it’s essential to take specific steps to ensure your safety, the safety of others involved, and protect your legal rights. Here’s what you should do after a car accident in Miami Lakes:
- Check for Injuries: First and foremost, check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately to request medical assistance.
- Move to a Safe Area: If possible and if the vehicles are operable, move them to the side of the road or a safe location to avoid obstructing traffic and reduce the risk of further collisions.
- Call the Police: Regardless of the severity of the accident, it’s essential to report the incident to the police. They will come to the scene, assess the situation, and create an official accident report. This report can be valuable for insurance claims and legal purposes.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact information with the other drivers involved in the accident. Include names, phone numbers, addresses, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are any witnesses to the accident, try to get their contact information as well. Witness statements can be crucial in determining fault and liability.
- Document the Scene: If you are able, use your smartphone or camera to take pictures and videos of the accident scene, vehicle damage, skid marks, road conditions, and any other relevant details.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Even if you believe you may have been at fault, do not admit guilt or responsibility at the scene. Fault is often determined after a thorough investigation.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible, providing them with the necessary information.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel fine or have minor injuries, it’s essential to get a medical evaluation. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and a medical record will be required for insurance claims.
- Contact an Attorney: If you sustained significant injuries or the accident was complex, consider consulting a personal injury attorney to protect your legal rights and navigate the claims process.
- Follow Up: Keep track of all medical treatment and follow your doctor’s instructions. Also, document any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills and vehicle repairs.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Injury Claim in Florida?Florida allows victims of another party’s negligence two years from the date of their injury to file a lawsuit in civil court. If you do not have an attorney file your claim within that time, you will likely relinquish your rights to pursue compensation. Your attorney will need to gather a lot of evidence to support your claim and establish liability, so you have no time to waste in contacting a lawyer at Redemption Law and discussing your case with them.
Reach Out to an Experienced Miami Lakes Car Accident Lawyer Today
You shouldn’t have to bear the costs of your injuries after a car accident in Miami Lakes that someone else caused. You deserve to be fully compensated for all you have lost, but you will need an attorney for help. Reach out to a Miami Lakes personal injury lawyer.The auto accident attorneys at Redemption Law are on your side, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and helping you receive the maximum compensation possible. Contact us today at (305) 419-0190 to request a free consultation and how we can help you get the full and fair financial recovery you deserve.
Client Testimonial“Outstanding staff, very professional & dedicated to their clients. They do not rest until they have won your case! Thank you Redemption law” – Vivian P. Read more of our Google reviews!
14361 Commerce Way UNIT 307
Miami Lakes, FL 33016